If you have flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), be aware that the policy provides very little coverage for items located below the first elevated floor of a post-FIRM home (a home built after 1974). You should move whatever you can to a higher level. Minimizing damage is much better than having to deal with an insurance claim.

The NFIP policy deductible applies separately to the building and contents.
Posted 12:00 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version