If there is a possibility of a hurricane in your area, follow these tips for pre-hurricane safety.
· Always attempt to evacuate if suggested. Know your evacuation routs ahead of time.
· Pay close attention to local news. Follow local TV and radio channels for announcements or intructions.
· Invest in a battery operated or hand crank radio. In the event of a loss of power, you want to be sure that you can get accurate and current information about the storm.
· Cover windows. Be sure to cover windows with plywood to avoid damage and potential safety hazards.
· Plan your safe room. If the storm becomes dangerous to those inside your house, have a designated safe area to wait it out. A basement is ideal, but a centrally located room with no windows can also work.
· Keep flashlights. Flashlights can be important for safety during and after a storm if the power goes out. Never use a candle or lighter, as an open flame can ignite a gas leak.
In the event of a hurricane, you never want to be left without the right coverage. Contact C.T. Lowndes and Company today to find out how we can help!