What is a simple explanation of the difference between the 3 major religions of the Middle East?
· Jews believe in Old Testament.
· Christians believe in Old and New Testament with Christ being the Son of God.
· Muslims believe in Old and New Testament and Quran with Mohammed being the Messenger of God.
Interesting facts about Jerusalem
· Jerusalem was founded by King David 3000 years ago.
· The old walled city of Jerusalem is divided into Jewish, Christian, Armenian, and Muslim quarters.
· Jews believe Jerusalem is where God lived and built His Temple of the Mount on Mt. Moriah. The Temple was destroyed twice and Jews mourn the loss at the Western Wall which is the only surviving remnant of the Temple of the Mount. The Romans eliminated the Jewish culture.
· Christians believe Jerusalem is where Jesus preached, was crucified, and ascended into Heaven. On His last day, Jesus entered the Old City through the Golden Gate which the Muslins have since closed. The Golden Gate is the only gate to the old City that is closed.
· Muslims believe Jerusalem is where Mohammed received his first instructions from God. The Dome of the Rock was built over ruins of Jewish Temple in 600 AD. Although Jerusalem is not mentioned in Quran, Muslims believe that Jerusalem is their Holy City.
· The Crusades began in 1089 when Muslims destroyed the Church of Holy Sepulcher, built on the site of the crucifixion of Jesus.
· The notes left at the Western or Wailing Wall are removed several times a year and buried.