C.T. Lowndes & Company is currently seeking an Office Manager to join our dynamic team in Mount Pleasant. Our Agency does not merely want a satisfied customer, but rather a delighted and loyal customer, and our management team is key to that mission.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of the assigned office location and its respective staff.
Works closely with the Agency Owners and Leadership Team to understand the strategic business plan. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and procedures that positively affect the agency. Ensures their respective office operates efficiently and productively with an emphasis on team concept and adhering to the Agency Guidelines Manual and CTL Way. Monitors Errors & Omissions risk and exposure to the agency. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned by management.
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance expectations; may have budget responsibilities.
DIRECT REPORTS & SUPERVISION
Manages and leads direct reports and the coordination of the activities within their respective office with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
ACTING AS AN AGENT OF THE COMPANY
As an agent of the company and a member of the management team, the Office Manager has a responsibility to ensure our business practices meet high ethical standards and that our actions and/or the actions of our employees do not create distractions or compromises when meeting our customers’ expectations.
All positions at C.T. Lowndes & Company are considered part of the agency sales team, always enhancing the image of the agency to others, always being courteous and helpful to any customers or potential customers, and always providing exceptional customer service. All positions must understand this agency does not merely want a satisfied customer, but rather a delighted and loyal customer. All positions should be familiar with the Agency Vision Statement and Agency Values and promote and adhere to the Vision and Values at all times.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
· Understands and communicates strategic goals to staff to include production and sales goals; defining team and individual performance objectives that drive results; evaluating outcomes.
· Maintains quality service by enforcing high-quality customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Creates and fosters a culture of teamwork and accountability; mitigates risk and exposure (Errors & Omissions) to agency by enforcing standard processes (Agency Guidelines Manual and CTL Way), spot checking work, and escalating issues appropriately.
· Focuses on meeting agency retention goals by being actively involved in identifying top clients and motivating staff to retain top clients.
· Reviews reports and metrics and provides analysis as needed; reviews and monitors staff progress against goals, expiration lists, aged receivables list, suspense lists, and other related reports to ensure business objectives and expectations are being met.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in related field
· Leadership training preferred
· Errors & Omissions training preferred
· Five to seven years of experience in general office support or management
· Experience managing and leading direct reports is preferred
· Experience using an Agency Management System or related system is preferred
· Experience in insurance industry is preferred
· Exposure to Errors & Omissions in the insurance industry is preferred
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
· SC Agents license preferred
· Additional certifications and/or professional designations related to the position is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
· Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively lead others
· Strong customer support knowledge and skills.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multitask, and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments
· Ability to exercise judgment
ABOUT C.T. LOWNDES & COMPANY:
South Carolina’s oldest insurance agency, C. T. Lowndes & Company, is a local and family owned professional insurance agency that builds customer relationships through honesty, integrity, and outstanding customer service. The Agency was founded in 1850 and has always been owned by a member of the Lowndes family. We are now celebrating our 165th year in business under the ownership and leadership of the 6th generation of the Lowndes family plus a 2nd generation of the Silcox family. Since the agency first offered fire insurance for South Carolina National Bank mortgages in the mid-19th Century, we have grown to a full-service agency with 8 locations throughout the Lowcountry and one in Myrtle Beach.
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be sent to Human Resources via email to email@example.com.
C.T. Lowndes & Company is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. C.T. Lowndes & Company participates in E-Verify.