Having proper insurance for your drone operation is very important. Things to know:

·         “Whole Coverage” means insuring the drone itself (it crashes and is a total loss) plus general liability (it crashes and damages someone property or hurts someone).

·         Insurance coverage should include “Payload Coverage” - coverage for cameras, sensors, etc. that may be attached to the drone.

·         It is best to use a Specialist Aviation Insurance Form to provide coverage but endorsements to basic commercial insurance forms are available.

·         It makes a difference if your company owns the drone or if it is a non-owned drone (you have contracted with another party who operates the drone on your behalf).

·         Be absolutely sure the non-owned drone is properly insured.

·         The insurance industry has yet to determine how to classify a drone operator for workers compensation coverage.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version